Monday, August 24, 2009
Disasters can strike anytime and at the least expected moment, that is why medical alert products are good tools to have in a home. It would be good advice to purchase such products even before disasters strike. Many have the tendency to forego buying up until a medical emergency or accident occurred in a home and it would all be too late. Some would not buy even after an accident has already occurred.
Choosing medic alert products based on cost and value is a basic consideration, although selection should not be centered only in these criteria. Although purchase price and possible monthly fees are things to look for, before selecting a medic product for their own use there are other considerations that people should look at. Comparing products between manufacturers would be a good start, although the following guidelines could also provide valuable information.
Who Will Use these Devices?
In some emergency situations, the victim was unable to communicate their predicament to other people for failure to voice out or failure to reach a telephone to dial and make emergency calls. This is the primary reason why medic alert products like a medic alert necklace or a charm that is easy to reach are needed. People who would need such products include but are not limited to:
* Elderly people living on their own or seniors who are left alone frequently
* People with medical conditions that may immobilize or render them lose utility of bodily movements
* Babysitters who may need access to emergency medical response systems
* Woodworkers, miners and other people in high-risk jobs with hazardous working conditions
* Anyone who wants a ready emergency medical alert system at home
The Features Included in these Systems
Medical alert systems vary in the components that are included in the system. Basic features in most systems include:
* A wireless transmitter in the form of a medical alert pendant or watches with a built-in emergency button
* A base unit or a central medical alert dialer and console unit with super-sensitive microphones and a two-way speakerphone that will automatically dial pre-programmed numbers when the emergency button is pressed
* Audible alarm system when the emergency button is pressed
* Flashing lights on the console itself or interconnected with housing lights
* Extended battery life ranging from 18 to 24 hours without a power supply
* Motion detectors or fall sensors
Affiliation / Endorsement by Medical Institutions
The medic alert devices of your choosing should be affiliated or endorsed by a major medical foundation or institution who can recommend its use. The product should also have a reputable medical monitoring center that can respond 24/7 to emergency calls made from the console.
Cost Effectiveness of the System
When purchasing such products, choose a package with many plans offered at discount packages. If the company can offer free shipping and installation then it would be better. Warranties and guarantees should also be an intrinsic part. Inquire also about the provider’s after-sales service and maintenance support.
People looking for medic alert systems can consider several factors before purchasing a unit. Knowing these factors and considerations is an effective way of getting the best products for you or your family’s use.
no medic alert necklace no medical alert
(article outsource Kevin Wynn)